Stops include the Basilica of Sant Maria Maggiore, the Basilica of St. John Lateran. And afterwards go underground by taking a look at the intriguing catacombs, a very early Christian interment place simply outside of the city at the Appian Way.
- 3 hours coach and strolling tour of Rome’s early Christian highlights with an expert guide,
- Resort pick-up,
- Go to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, among Rome’s 5 fantastic ancient basilicas and see its gold mosaics, marble columns and chapels,
- Go to the Basilica of St. John Lateran, the initial church constructed in Rome,
- Sight the Holy Stairs, said to have actually been climbed by Jesus to his trial in Pontius Pilate’s palace,
- Explore the underground tunnels used as burial places and hideouts by Rome’s early Christians.
- Food and drinks, unless specified,
- Resort drop-off.
Free cancellation up to 1 day before tour starts.