Visiting the Roman Colosseum in Rome is a great attraction for many first time visitors. Colosseum, Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill are all located in the same archaeological location Rome adjacent to one another.
The Colosseum Opening Hours:
Today (12.12.2018): 08.30 am – 4.30 pm (last entrance at 15:30)
- 08.30 am- 4.30 pm: up until February 15.
- 08.30 am- 5.00 pm: from February 16 to March 15.
- 08.30 am – 5.30 pm: from March 16 to last Saturday of March.
- 08.30 am – 7.15 pm: from the last Sunday of March to August 31.
- 08.30 am – 7.00 pm: from September 1 to September 30.
- 08.30 am – 6.30 pm: from October 1 to last Saturday of October.
- 08.30 am – 4.30 pm: from October 28 to December 31.
In general the Colosseum is open from 9.00 am to one hour prior to sundown. You can access the monolith till one hour prior to closing.
Colosseum Tickets for your Visit:
The Best Time to Visit the Colosseum
Most people go to the Colosseum as part of a longer day, integrating with Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum in the early morning or afternoon. Your ticket enables you to see all three over two days (re-entry is not allowed) so you could take a more leisurely look at any or all these in this time.
The best time to visit is early in the morning or late in the afternoon and at night the entire building is floodlit to spectacular effect.
The monolith is closed on December 25, January 1, May 1.
It is open on December 24 and 31.
Free Entrance to Colosseum
– Free entry on the very first Sunday of the month (no booking possible)– expect long lines.
– Free for European and non-European individuals under 18.
– Free for EU people over 65.
– Free for people with specials needs and their companion, with legitimate medical paperwork of the disabilit.
The Best Ways to Arrive
Colosseum is exceptionally main in the city of Rome: a couple of hundred backyards from Piazza Venezia, and near the Forums. On Sundays the motor traffic is prohibited and Via dei Fori Imperiali and the square of the Colosseum are readily available to bikes and strollers. Simply outside the Metro station there is a taxi parking, a Bike leasing and a bar with tables outside: you can drink your coffee in the shade of the greatest thing in Rome.