Compare Tickets & Tours
The Colosseum can host a maximum of 3.000 people at the same time. So, it can be difficult to find the ticket on the same day and for the next few days. For this reason, in the busy tourism season it's hard to find the tickets.
The only entrance option to the Colosseum is not a fast entry ticket. Separate ticket options are provided for the arena and the underground parts. Below we have compiled for you dozens of more than hundred Colosseum & Rome tours and tickets providing the best options.
We recommend you to Arena visit the as the Colosseum Rome Tickets team. You can compare the tours & tickets according to price and pleasure with our comparing options and see the nearest tour tickets on your location. We are the most extensive website about Rome. Do not forget to take a look at our Travel Guides.
Frequently Asked Questions
As the millions of people who visit it each year know well, the Colosseum is a priceless relic of the ancient Roman Empire the most famous surviving building from the days of that once-glorious realm. Colosseum has always been a vital symbol of the mighty Roman Empire, which for centuries controlled a huge portion of Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa—the largest empire the world had ever known. Today, the Colosseum’s imposing size and mysterious, romantic allure have made it the most famous landmark in Rome an icon as easily recognizable and as beloved as the Eiffel Tower in Paris or the Statue of Liberty in New York City.
Below are the most frequently asked questions and correct answers regarding your visit to the Colosseum:
- Can you see the Colosseum for free? Colosseum and paid museums in Rome are free on the first Sunday of every month. No Coliseum tickets are sold these days. You can visit Colosseum after the security check. However, it will be worth to note that museums are very busy these days especially during the tourism season. Also, EU citizens over 65 and EU citizens under the age of 18 can visit Colosseum for free.
People in the long queue at Colosseum.
- What does skip the line mean? Skip the line refers to visiting a museum directly after the security check without the need of going to the ticket office and wait in line. This means you will not have to wait for hours in long lines of the world's most populous tourist destinations such as the Colosseum and Vatican Museums and save time.
- Does Colosseum ticket include underground? There are many different Colosseum tickets and tickets that allow you to visit the upper floors called Belvedere and tickets that allow you to visit the arena are available. Colosseum underground cannot be visited with a ticket but only with a guide.
- Do you need skip the line tickets for Colosseum? You can directly visit Colosseum after the security check by skipping the line and saving 1,5 to 2 hours by buying Colosseum skip-the-line tickets. We recommend you to buy these tickets due to advantages such as saving time and not wait in line.
- Does Colosseum ticket include Roman Forum? You need to buy Colosseum tickets to visit Roman Forum and thus, the ticket you will buy for Colosseum will include Roman Forum, Palatine Hill, and Capitoline Hill.
- Do I need to print Colosseum tickets? It will be better to print your Colosseum tickets in advance before your visit. However, if you do not print your tickets in advance, you need to provide proof of your purchase to exchange it with your real tickets.
- Is the Roma Pass worth it? Until recently, you were able to visit Colosseum without booking with the Roma Pass Card. However, today (as of March 2019), you can't visit Colosseum with Roma Pass Card. You need an additional booking at the Coopculture website. Today, the most important advantage of Roma Pass is free public transportation.
- Do you need a guided tour of the Colosseum? Colosseum entrance includes Roman Forum, Capitoline and Palatine Hills. You can better understand this magnificent place where the Roman Empire was born and developed with hundreds of tours offered by expert guides. It would be more fun to get detailed information about the places you visited.
- Which Colosseum tour is best? You can list more than 200 alternatives on our website according to their prices, Traveler's rating or editor's choice. In this way, you can list the most preferred or most affordable tours.
- What is the best time to visit the Colosseum? The most ideal days to visit Colosseum are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. There are two ideal options as time. One of these is preferring the early hours which Colosseum will open in the morning. The other option is after 3:00 p.m. Colosseum will be less crowded during these times.
- How long does it take to see the Colosseum? Your visit to the Colosseum, which is called the heart of Ancient Rome, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill and Capitoline Hill will take about 3 hours.
Colosseum by Night
- Can you visit the Colosseum at night? It is possible to visit the Colosseum and Roman Forum at night. However, these visits are accompanied by a guided tour just like Colosseum Underground visits.
- Can you bring a backpack into the Colosseum? Backpacks, large bags, and suitcases are not allowed in the Colosseum due to safety reasons. You need to leave your bag at your hotel or look for a Luggage Store.
- Can you bring water bottles into the Colosseum? Plastic water bottles are allowed in Colosseum however, glass bottles are not allowed. If you run out of your drinking water during your visit, you can fill your bottles in the fountains inside the Colosseum.
- Can you take pictures in the Colosseum? There are restrictions for taking pictures at Colosseum, Roman Forum and other areas.
- Do you need ID for Colosseum? Colosseum is free for EU citizens over 65 and EU citizens under the age of 18. However, you need to show your ID for free entrance.