This is where the remains of Saint Peter himself are buried. In the basilica correct you’ll see priceless work of arts by Michelangelo, Bernini and Raphael, and delight in fantastic views of St Peter’s Square and more.
This guided tour takes you 10m below St. Peter’s Basilica, the home church of the pope, and into the heart of the sacred necropolis.
This ancient Roman burial site holds graves dating back to the first century! As you peer around its corners, you’ll learn everything about early Christianity and get to see the final resting location of ‘the rock’ Saint Peter himself.
When you return to the land of the living, you can enjoy the remainder of the basilica at your own rate. St. Peter’s Basilica is filled with priceless creative masterpieces and jaw-dropping Baroque architectural adornments.
And, the dome, created by Michelangelo, fills the church with light and an appropriately reverent environment.
You might quickly invest an entire day indulging in the splendor of this monument!
- Timed entrance to St. Peter’s Basilica,
- Skip-the-line entryway to the Vatican Necropolis,
- English live guided tour of St. Peter’s Basilica with an official Vatican guide,
- English live guided trip of the Necropolis with an official Vatican guide,
- Access to the Cupola of the Basilica.
Cancellations and changes are not possible for this ticket.
from €125.00 EUR
Duration: 13 Hours
Organized by: Gartour by Destination Italia